iTunes/iPhone users can listen to this episode at up to 2x speed, here.
- Why having a tendency being the smartest one in the room is to your disadvantage and how to fix it.
- What an agency structured more like a corporation looks like and why it matters, especially if you are trying to create a full service agency.
- Learn the advantages of utilizing a team in Latin America and what the biggest challenges are.
- How to build a leadership team that will challenge you and each other, with highly productive results.
- Intriguing reasons for weekly leadership meetings lasting up to three hours.
- JC’s findings on running meetings and why they are less successful when he runs the show, instead of his team.
- Why JC is leading Palm Era a different path than typical agencies supporting millennial culture desires and how that is affecting his agency.
- The inspiring market opportunity JC saw in the market to become a full service agency and why he did it.
- The internal model Palm Era set to confidently say they really do everything as a full-service agency.
- How JC went from a former career in finance to running Palm Era.
- Why JC’s ultimate goal is to sell Palm Era by 2025 and why he preaches this to every team member.
- How to address concerned employee’s questions about your agency being sold in the future.
- How to handle conversations with your team members if an acquirer wants to do layoffs, before the deal happens.
- Why a larger agency can relieve pressure on your agency to generate new business, if you are acquired.
- How JC sells his team on his exit vision and why they are ecstatic about supporting the vision or have no interest.
- How JC plans on growing through raising capital and acquisition.
- Ways to approach picking an acquisition valuation model and why JC is focusing on equity swaps as an acquisition growth strategy.
- What killed JC’s equity swap deal and what he learned from it.
- Why JC would not take a different approach to his deal that was unsuccessful.
- The specific deal and partner opportunities JC is looking for with other agencies.
Contact Our Guest:
- Shane Perkins, CEO – Unite Digital
- Agency Network Focused On Mid-Market Clients
- The Build, Buy, Sell Agency Podcast